Thank you for completing a reference form for an applicant of the 2020 Orientation Team in the Office of Student Transitions and Family Programs. Please share details that will help our office determine if the applicant is a good fit for this position. Below are the position descriptions:
Student Coordinator (SC):
• Areas of Concentration: Academic Engagement, Orientation Programming, Camp Blue
• Responsibilities: Assist with all aspects of planning, implementing and evaluation Orientation programs for the fall, spring, Camp Blue and Family Weekend; Serve as a peer supervisor to Blue Crew Counselors and Orientation Leaders; Assist with staff recruitment, training and development; Assist with development of publications and marketing materials; Perform customer service duties and general office tasks
Summer Orientation Leader (OL):
• Responsibilities: Attend facilitated leadership training; Serve as a student leader for Summer Orientation to an assigned group of first-year students or parents/family members; Facilitate group discussion and activities among first-year students or parents/family members.
Blue Crew Counselors (BCC):
• Responsibilities: Attend facilitated leadership training; Assist in the planning and implementation of Camp Blue; Serve as a student leader to First-Year student campers; Assist with move-in day crew as a Blue Crew Leader; Assist with Welcome Weekend in various capacities.
Fall Orientation Leader (OL):
• Responsibilities: Attend facilitated leadership training; Assist with move-in day crew; Serve as a student leader for Welcome Weekend to an assigned group of first-year students; Work collaboratively with faculty/staff mentor; Facilitate group discussion and activities among first-year students.
Please complete this reference form by the end of the day on March 3rd, 2020.
Name of Student Applying for Position:
Please comment on the applicant’s character and ability to serve the UD community as a leader for New Student Orientation. Share examples, if possible.
Questions? Please contact the Office of Student Transitions and Family Programs at 937-229-2229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Name (as the reference):
Your Email Address (as the reference):
Your Phone Number (as the reference):
Can we contact you if we have additional questions?